Friday, 25 December 2009
It's Christmas......bored yet?
First things first:
We all know it happens. We get to Christmas and we are very quickly bored. We've been to church, had our lunch, opened our presents and are bored by 3pm. Here's my list of potential things to do:
1) Listen to Bored-Again Christian. He has just released his latest pod-cast: The Christmas Sound. Its a good hour of alternative Christian music, in this case Christmas related, which makes you glad for once that Christians are allowed to make music. Make sure you have a listen to past posts too over the year.
2) Have a conversation. It's a dying art and should be practised more. Just make sure you have it before Auntie Mables 4th glass of sherry.
3) Go to Young Glory's blog. It's a Christian music blog by Matt Blick which brings you the latest and best music related info including videos and free (legal) downloads of big names new releases.
4) Be reminded of the free album "Advent Songs" by Sojourn which I posted on recently.
5) On your own or with other Christians? Whip out your bible and have a read, have some prayer time, maybe even pull out your trust, rainbow-strap laden guitar and have a musical worship session.
6) Have a read of the various Christmas/Advent related posts on Christian blogs. Not sure where to start? Try the ones on the right of your screen now.
Have yourself a Merry Christmas.
Till Next Time!