Thursday 29 October 2009

At last!

So, I've finally got around to finishing Sanders tome, 'Paul and Palestinian Judaism'. I'm glad to have read it but I must be honest and say I don't think I know any more then I did already, which I suppose is more a celebration of the great lecturers I had at Cardiff Uni (of particular note in this case, Simon Woodman). The reason it has taken me so long to finish it is that I had to keep stopping and read other books so my brain didn't melt. It's not the most riveting of reads and at (regular) times feel very much like you're trying to cut through stone with a wooden toothpick however I feel that a book of such grandeur deserves the effort. Anyway, on to the next book selection:

The Voice of Matthew; Lauren Winner
&
The man Gospels of Jesus; P. Comfort and J. Driesbach

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment